Volunteering at Lansdown Hall & Gallery
As a small charity we need volunteers to help with the many tasks involved in making this a great venue for hire.
Here’s some of the things volunteers get involved in:
- Administration: The office is the heart of the venue. Help is always needed here with reception, answering telephone queries and general admin. We are always on the lookout for people with good computer skills.
- Technical: Helping the Facilities Manager keep the sound and lighting equipment in good shape. Each event can call for a different technical set up. This is a good learning opportunity for someone starting out.
- Making the Hall look good: Setting out the Hall ready for the various events. It’s important that the Hall looks attractive as well as functional.
- Publicity & displays: Keeping on-site displays up to date and looking good can really make a difference to the success of an event.
- Maintenance: The building needs regular TLC so help is often needed with painting & decorating, carpentry and general repairs.
So how much commitment does it take to be a volunteer? Well, hours in a venue like this can be very flexible – most of our volunteers put in a few hours per week – so anyone with a bit of time to spare can be of help. The key thing is regularity and consistency.
Volunteers can also be given set projects where they put in a block of time for a limited period, say, a day or two per week for a couple of months. This could be an ideal ‘summer filler’ or ‘between-jobs’ activity and can really add to a CV.
For latest information go to the Volunteering Vacancies page.