LH&G is a Grade 2 listed building, decorated with rustic-cut Cotswold stone turrets and pinnacles, built in the 1880’s as a Temperance Hall. It sits in a Victorian cluster of buildings with a small public park to the rear, leading up to the Church, ancient Shambles market and town centre.

Lansdown Hall & Gallery
Lansdown Hall & Gallery

The much-used building is owned by Stroud Town Council to be held in perpetuity for the community, and run as a community venue by a small charity comprising a Board of Trustees, a part-time Administrator and a number of other key personnel, largely volunteers.

Used for evening events – music, drama performances, film screenings, private parties – and daytime classes – dance groups, tai chi, pilates, choirs and youth drama, this is the community centre of Stroud.